I would not usually write about topics unrelated to the theme of this blog, but the recent news about Chelsea King’s rape and murder has just devastated me and broken my heart. I live not too far from a small college town where every sunny day literally hundreds of youngsters, men and women are jogging, biking, walking and strolling through town on foot.
Although the local police do not like to publicize it, we have several unsolved murders here in town, and the young people here often seem oblivious to the dangers around them.
In recent years, hundreds, and then thousands of newly homeless people have arrived, camping everywhere, trolling the public parks, and sometimes sleeping indoors in the downtown local post office at night.
I had a very unpleasant run-in with a homeless man who was living in a state of rage over his circumstances one night when I showed up late to gather my mail from the post office. He was camped out indoors right under my box, and I literally had to step over him to open the box.
I saw that he weas awake and felt moved to offer him some kind words.
That turned out to be a grave mistake. As I was trying to tell him where the local homeless shelters were, he came up off the floor at me with absolute rage and the clear intent to assault.
I backed out the post office door, [I have not moved that fast in years] went straight to my parked car, got in and locked the doors.
So I am re-posting something here from one of my other blogs so that readers can order pepper spray for less than $15 or so, and I have here several choices. Feel free to re-post this info and also email it to your friends. Thanks!
Chase K. Hunter
Do You Carry Pepper Spray? You Should!
Keep One in Purse, One in Your Car and One at Home.
Chelsea King may possibly have had a chance to fight for her life and flee to safety if she would have been carrying pepper spray. If you are planning to hike or jog outdoors, always carry pepper spray. The links below go straight to the Amazon.com ordering pages for some excellent pepper sprays – most are less than $15.00. It could save your life.
- Pepper Spray for my protection (naturallylisa.blogspot.com)
- Bear spray used in Saskatoon home invasion (cbc.ca)
- Keepin’ It Real and Keepin’ You Safe. (pjsprayerline.blogspot.com)
Related articles by Zemanta
- Brave Spokane barista sprays would-be robber (thenewstribune.com)
- Lipstick or Pepper Spray? Cosmetic Weapons (abcnews.go.com)
- Alleged truck thief attacked Good Samaritans (cbc.ca)
- Bloody confrontation highlights need for Tasers, Saskatoon police say (canada.com)
- Homeless count in Thurston County rises 25 percent (thenewstribune.com)
- Bon Jovi Rocks for the Homeless (psychcentral.com)
- Ohio veteran attacks shelter director, is killed (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Onlookers passive as homeless man beaten (cbc.ca)
- Prince William says homelessness ‘tarnishes’ society (telegraph.co.uk)
- Foreclosures Force Ex-Homeowners to Turn to Shelters (nytimes.com)
- Jobless New Yorkers Find a Home in the Woods and Living in a Tent City (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
- Phoenix at odds with church that feeds needy (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Chelsea King Update: Body Found In Area Of Police Search (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Teen missing, sex offender held (cnn.com)
- Police Believe They Have Found the Body of Missing Student Chelsea King (abcnews.go.com)
- Man arrested in teen’s disappearance (cnn.com)
- Lead Me To The Cross (slideshare.net)
- Lord You Are Good (slideshare.net)