This post was first published on one of my other news blogs, 21st Century Screenshots News, on 12.09.2012:
Sit down and collect yourself for yet another WTF media moment. This news video just crossed my YT feed on 12.09.2012 [ see first video below ] and it is utterly bizarre. Did I actually just hear Brian Williams say that even though the 150 foot diameter rock most likely won’t hit earth, that it “never hurts to have your affairs in order“?
What? What’s more bizarre is that Brian Williams spends exactly 15-20 seconds discussing the startling news item.How bad does it need to get before the American people collectively FIRE the MSM network news and boycott their make-believe newscasts entirely?
NBC aired just enough news on 2012 DA14 to scare the BeJesus out of someone, but nowhere near enough news to explain the story. I had to look up the asteroid on the web for that, and then got the full story via Coast to Coast Radio. Figures. Why does this not surprise me?
I am doing research right now on asteroid 2012 DA 14 based on the first news video below.
Spanish astronomers apparently first sighted the approaching asteroid about a month ago. The asteroid is supposed to pass within 17,000 miles of earth on or around Feb. 15th 2013. I’ve posted the Coast to Coast Show which covers the close approach of 2012 DA14 after the news video.
Tags: NBC Evening News, asteroid 2012 DA14, near earth objects asteroids, asteroids, threats to life on earth 2013, February 15th 2013, asteroid collision 2013
- Large, Peanut-Shaped Asteroid Headed Toward Earth (news.nationalgeographic.com)
- Whizzing Asteroid Turns Rocket Scientists’ Heads (spacedaily.com)
- A Near Miss (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Asteroid to threaten Earth in 2013 (gonzoj.wordpress.com)
- Asteroid to threaten Earth in 2013 (12160.info)
- Science & Technology – Re: 2012 DA14 now on the radar (disclose.tv)
- Solar Ejecta/ Semic Activity Up Due to Solar Activity/Near Earth Objects (matthew24prophecy.wordpress.com)