Yep, you read that right. It’s gotten so out of hand a father was willing to pay his fourteen year old daughter $200 to log off of the time wasting and useless internet portal – and stay logged off of it for a year. He and she both estimate her grades will go up and her social anxiety will go down. All of this was actually the daughter’s idea. She went to her dad and decided to cash in on her idea. He bought it.
All I can say is “wow” and not much else. Just exactly how spoiled and over-indulged are American teenagers?
- Wellesley dad pays daughter $200 to quit Facebook (bizjournals.com)
- Wellesley dad pays girl $200 to give up Facebook (wcvb.com)
- Wellesley Dad Pays His HS Freshman Daughter $200 To Give Up Facebook (mix1041.cbslocal.com)
- For $200, Would You Quit Facebook for 5 Months? (webpronews.com)
- Father Pays His Daughter $200 To Quit Facebook (buzzfeed.com)
- Teen Signs Faustian Deal with Dad to Quit Facebook In Exchange for Cash (gawker.com)